Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday #6

Hi guys! Thanks to all who are following my progress towards my goal of losing 10.8 by June 1.  (I started April 11.)

This week was OK.  I exercised everyday, stuck to my calorie allotment most days, and walked 11 miles.

Weight Loss 
I lost one-half pound this week.  A tiny amount but at least I am going in the right direction.  I slid down the slippery slope when I went out of town this weekend.  I enjoyed a croissant sandwich for lunch, California Veggie pizza for dinner, and Mother's Day breakfast. 

For breakfast, I ordered one of the 'healthy and fit' selections from the menu: whole wheat blueberry pancakes with fresh banana slices on top and a side of scrambled egg whites.  It truly was "mah-ve-lous"! (In the words of Billy Crystal from Saturday Night Live-back in the day.)  Then, I screwed up by ordering bacon and drizzling syrup on my pancakes.


Calling Dr. Phil
"You can't change what you don't acknowledge," acccording to the Guru of all-that-is-crazy.  Here's my deal: I am 'observant' most days. (I say 'observant' because I'm not disciplined.  My best effort is to be aware of what I'm eating and make exercise part of my day.)  However, if there is an opportunity to be social, I go for it! I indulge with gusto and don't look back! 

So Dr. Phil, if you are listening, give me a call. I'm "acknowledging" the folly of my behavior!

New Find
Stumbled upon this little thing-y in the produce section of my grocery store.  Now I can take my own light salad dressing with me.  Pretty sweet for $2.99.

 Thanks for all of your support!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. You go girl, you have done so well, keep up the good work!! And I'm going to look for one of those Dressing-2-Go bottles, it sure beats the zip lock baggie I usually use!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! This little experiment has been very insightful. Baggie in the bag sounds dangerous!

    ReplyDelete