Friday, May 18, 2012

And All That Jazz

Wow, don't we all have a room that needs a little jazzing up?

Here's a basic Man Cave: two big chairs facing a flat screen TV.  For selling, I jazzed it up with few accessories. 

I added a couple of beige suede pillows with a Terra Cotta-colored design that matches the chairs.  Manly, yes?  Then I used two masculine geometric prints for a pop of color. The black frames tie in with the black metal of the lamp. The lamp I used belonged to the owner.  I though it was a bit delicate for the scale of the chairs.  To compensate, I raised the lamp on books. The books add another layer of texture.


After - Linda Beam
 
After - Linda Beam

A metal tray with candles was added to the lower shelf of the table.  The metal of the tray cooresponds with the metal of the lamp base.  The colors of the candles reflect the colors in the art.  Easy peasy!

Here's the before picture:


Before - Linda Beam
 

The folks that use this room are a father and his teenager son.  The son has lots of friends (who threw bookbags down on the chairs as I staged, thank you very much).  I always take into account who will be using the space if it is owner occupied.  This Man Cave will be easy to maintain.  "The boys" needn't be concerned about destructing the staging.


Happy Friday, y'all!

Linda


If you need help staging your house,  please contact me.
Linda Beam
StagerLinda@gmail.com

I appreciate each and every comment.  Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment