Monday, May 28, 2012

Dear Justin Timberlake,

Justin Timberlake is in cahoots with his interior designer, Estee Stanley.  The two recently started HomeMint, a new home decor business. 

Elle
I must admit, I am a fan of JT's music and his style is impeccable.  When I read about HomeMint, I couldn't tap, tap, tap my way fast enough to their website.

That's where the fun ended.  I had to take a stupid test to find my design style and then do the Register and Login thing to become a member. Membership is supposed to grant me big savings.  The test is silly in no way defined my style.  Here is one item personally selected for me and my design aesthetic:
HomeMint


Two words: "HELLLLL NO!"

There is no way I want a 22 inch wooden rattle snake in my home. I wouldn't let 'em in if he was free.  And, this fork-tongued sucker is expensive! $325.99 retail and $239.99 for members.

I did like this Celadon Embossed Bowl and Cover.
HomeMint

I love the color and the delicate details. I would buy this in a heartbeat if it wasn't (get this!) $679.99/$499.99.  Special, huh?  Check out http://www.homemint.com/ for more crazy-expensive home decor. You won't be seeing it in a house staged by moi.



Justin, I love ya, but  stick to bringing sexy back. 

Linda

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, I took the test and they came up with a skyline of New York shot by Justin Timberlake - I don't think so!! Oh well, I'll just have to stick to listening to his music too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, me too. Think this was some advertising exec's idea of how to drive people to the site and buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm skipping the test and membership! Totally did not know JT was into design...cute. But, no thanks! Linda, thank YOU for visiting my blog. Delighted to find you and your blog! Did you start the blog in February of this year? That's when I started mine.
    Cheers from DC!!
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I started just a few months ago. So glad to have found your blog. Your pictures are AWESOME and you have grand style. If any of my peeps are listening--check out Loi's blog.

      Delete
  4. Linda - Our first posts were one day apart! :-)
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Loi, we were only one day apart in posting! But you, my dear talented new friend, get many more comments on your amazing style! I'm so happy I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Glad it made ya laugh! Traci, saw you looking gorgeous at Blogfest on Maria's blog.

      Delete