Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An Unusual Combo

I've seen many different styles of light fixtures in people's houses.  This one is a first.  I felt compelled to share it with you.  I was at an outside cocktail party at this house and took a couple of pictures on my path to the loo. (Trying not to appear too obvious, I didn't turn on the lights.)

Linda Beam
This is an iron chandelier with two white glass globes covering the bulbs.  On the outside are double rings with hooks for pots and pans.  It's one of those things that makes you go 'hmmmmm....' I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. 

Maybe it is the cornucopia of hanging items that throws me?  Maybe it is because it is direct line-of-sight from the adjoining dining room?

If the house was for sale, I would recommend that this light fixture be removed and a new one installed. It is distracting.  This kitchen has other great features, like the pot filler faucet beneath it.  This chuck wagon menagerie of dangling pots and pan diverts your attention.


Linda Beam
 Has anybody else ever come across a light fixture/pot rack?  Do you like it? 

Sometimes I think I am too focused on looking at every house through 'buyer's eyes'....


Maybe I need an intervention?
Linda



If you would like help staging your house, please contact me.
Linda Beam
StagerLinda@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment