Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Here's a salute to all Moms.

I love being a mother. John is my only child.  And boy-howdy, did I hit the jackpot with that kid. From the moment he popped out, he's been one of my favorite people.  I love him so much and am so proud of him.

Then guess what?  John married the sweetest girl ever.  Lucky me! I got a wonderful daughter that I not only love to pieces but she really, really 'gets' me.

I never thought the feelings about being a mother could be topped.  Guess what?  Being a Grandmother is super-duper-crazy-over-the-top-wonderful!  One-and-a-half year old, Jack, makes me smile so hard my face hurts; laugh so hard I cry, and cry real tears when he runs towards me with open arms singing, 'Mimi, Mimi, MiiiiiiiMiiiiii!'

Here's Jack hamming it up in Mimi's vintage beret after Jello party for lunch and pillow fort on the bed.


I had a lovely weekend with my SIL, BIL and MIL.  So happy we could all be together!


Happy Mother's Day all,
Linda

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I so hope I get wonderful daughters-in-law when the time comes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traci, I'm sure you'll be doubly blessed with wonderful daughters-in-law. I am so lucky to have Kristen. She is my friend, a great wife to my son and the best mother to Jack. I'm sure your MIL feels the same way about you!

      Delete
  2. Love baby Jack's picture!!! Would have loved to have seen the jello party, I'm imagining a jello throwing contest!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm....yes we do make a mess. "Mess?" is one of Jack's favorite words!

    ReplyDelete