Friday, April 13, 2012

Which Bathroom Would You Want to Buy?



Buyer's love master bathrooms!  A buyer wants to see a bathroom that looks so clean you could preform surgery in it.  Really.  Nobody wants to see a seller's personal products, worn and faded towels, reading materials, dust, grime, toilet rings, or soap scumb.  Here's a master bathroom after I staged it.   
AFTER - Linda Beam
 I lucked up and found this large picture (Pier 1) for the wall above the ledge over the tub.  I added a huge green urn with rust colored grass (and a tassel for a little cha-cha) to add texture.  The urn is sitting on old books. (Get it? Reading in the soaking tub.)  I always add candles in the master bath for a bit of romance.  The glass and metal tray has a variety of elegant bath soaps, salts, a sponge and brush.  The tall green and brown vase is to distract from the screaming white outlet behind it.

AFTER - Linda Beam (sorry for the flash)

I found this large textural print rug that coordinates with the picture from Pier 1.  I don't like matchy-matchy.  I think it is much more interesting when you use something that relates rather than matches.  I used a simple green pottery vase with white silk orchids between the sinks.  The white/green combo always looks 'spring-time fresh'.  The crimson hand towels picks up the color of the flowers in the painting and rug.
 

AFTER - Linda Beam

AFTER- Linda Beam

I kept it simple around the tub.  Crimson, crimson, crimson: rolled towels on a stand, silk orchid, towels on bar.  This area needed color!

HERE ARE THE BEFORE PICTURES.  Big difference, no? 

BEFORE - Linda Beam


BEFORE - Linda Beam

BEFORE - Linda Beam (sorry for flash & reflection of moi!)

Happy Weekend, Y'all!





If you need helping staging your house for sale, please contact me!
Linda Beam

No comments:

Post a Comment