Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The UGLY



Foyer Wall- BEFORE- L-Beam
Return air grills are necessary.  But return air grills are an eyesore. UGLY.


I don't get it. Builders spend a fortune on grand lighting, plumbing fixtures, and architectural features then place an ugly metal grate slam in the middle of the entrance foyer wall. Don't they notice this aesthetic flaw?


I know I tend to be a bit OCD on details but the continued use of the UGLY metal return air vent baffles me.


I mentioned my problem about 'the UGLY' to my HVAC tech.  I got the look
followed by a quick 'it-is-what-is' scolding.


My husband gets frustrated when I cover the UGLY with upholstered furniture.  I know, I know, they need breathing space, air needs to circulate, yaadaa, yaadda... But, honey, are you listening? Return air vents are UGLY.


Today, I stumbled on this decorative grate to cover the UGLY on Pinterest!  SWEET!


Pinterest
I quickly tap, tap, tapped the key to lead me back to the source.  Wide-eyed, I wait for the website to pop up. Then http://www.vandykesrestorers.com/ appears! When I found the decorative cover it was SOLD OUT! (Other folks must hate the UGLY, too, I surmise.)  Honestly, at $157.99 it probably won't be on the top of my priority list.


I will continue to stage around the UGLY.  In the house pictured, the owners did not have a piece of furniture that was large enough to cover the UGLY.  I found this bookshelf in a bedroom and placed it to distract from  the UGLY. (Different angle but you catch my intention. The UGLY is behind the birdcage.)

L. Beam



Anybody with me on my 'Change the UGLY Crusade'? 






If you need help staging your house, please contact me.
Linda Beam
StagerLinda@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment