Friday, December 7, 2012

Oh Deer!

Are you a fan of traditional Christmas decor?

I love it all.  But unique Christmas items always seem to call to me.  I was shopping at a local store, Hillary's Interiors, when these deer happened to catch my eye.  I had to have them.  



Aren't they gorgeous?
I was telling a friend about my beautiful, "glossy yellow dear with green sparkle swirls and ornate gold antlers". She gave me the stink eye and said, "ooooo kk...?"  Ha!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Maybe she'll like them when sees them...

Oh Deer! What do you think?



11 comments:

  1. I love them, Linda. They don't describe well - yellow with green sparkly swirls - sounds yucky. But they are elegant and beautifully posed. I love traditional items too, but found that my three (plastic) gold deer look beautiful on my dining table every year.

    Happy Christmassy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Heather, I my description didn't do them justice. Love that you are still using your 3 gold deer. Part of the fun of Christmas is bring out old 'friends'.

      Delete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM!! If you ever tire of them, remember me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, you are welcomed to come to my house and enjoy them anytime!

      Delete
  3. This is just my kind of sparkly thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful....I went so simple this year...We just found out my father has cancer and didn't have the energy to put everything out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear about your father's cancer. I hope you and your family can enjoy being together for the holidays. Christmas is all about family and love. Take care of yourself, Taylor.

      Delete
  5. I think they are beautiful! I love the swirly antlers!

    ReplyDelete