Friday, July 26, 2013

It Was a Good Week!

The highlight of my week has been Summer School with Maria Killam.  Maria is the internationally reknowned True Color Expert. (More Summer School details to follow.)  Ever had one of those "didn't realize how much I didn't know" experiences?  H-E-L-L-O.
Getting our broken HVAC fixed was a welcomed event.  Check out this Redneck-fix we rigged. This is the small window unit lifted from my design studio.  We were grateful for the relief it provided until we were up and running.
Cardboard and painters tape. We didn't want to damage Pella window sills.
I decided not to buy the CL hutch topper I lusted.  It was behemoth and no match for my desk. The owner's MIL wants it. At least it is going to a good home.
Hated to take a pass on this beauty.
I love Thanksgiving dinner. I started a tradition a few years ago of cooking a mini-Thanksgiving meal in July. Doesn't my roasted turkey breast look delish? Included were a few fav sides: green bean casserole, sausage stuffing and homemade gravy--look at those gorgeous drippings in the roasting pan. YUMMY!
My handyman, Dave, has been working on our deck since (get this) MAY.  In his defense it has rained relentlessly this spring and summer.  Here's a bit of the progress after some construction and power washing. Rails and pickets painted SW 3019 Smoke Tree.  The deck floor will be SW PFC Walnut Brown.

Check out the new balustrades and finials. Love those little copper 'roofs'!
In Progress
Before--Way UggO!

I'm excited to see her completed!  Cowboy is already making noise about us having a deck party.  It is difficult to not have use of our deck in the summer.

I'm off to a consultation in Apex, NC armed with my color deck and cheat tabs.
 Y'all have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I love that you do a Thanksgiving in July- what a fun idea!! I crave Thanksgiving food all year long. Your deck looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it complete! (Bet you can't either;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke. We are excited to see how the deck turns out. Love Thanksgiving dinner--don't know why we don't do it more often.

    ReplyDelete