Hi everyone! I hope your weekend was fun and relaxing. We are really getting a taste of Fall weather on the East Coast, lots of rain, and the leaves are beginning to turn.
Remember when I attempted the DIY mirror painting project? Y'all gave me lots of great advice on fixing it. I decided to try the Rub 'n Buff in gold.
Here's the befores:
It was black and beat up when I bought it. I tried a light blue spray paint. It looked fuggly and blah with no dimension.
Then off I go to Michael's for the Rub 'n Buff. I tried it on a metal vanity tray for practice. That was a complete bust. (I think I was a wee bit to heavy handed.) A couple of weeks passed before I worked up my nerve to try it again.
This time I used a chubby dry brush with the gold Rub 'n Buff. I squirted a dab into one of those plastic medicine cups that comes with cough syrup--that's how I tried to control my application. I got much better results. Yet, I don't think this is finished....
I'm open to more suggestions. I see so many great DIY projects on other folks blogs! I'm determined to keep trying.