Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Honey Boo Boo Make Over

In my last post, I showed pictures of Honey Boo Boo houses.  Blogger Buddy, Patty Day, of Patty's Epiphanies asked if anyone (in these 'challenging houses') would take my staging advice.  The first picture "Messy Master" I did end up staging after the seller's cleaned out their mess.  The only non-negotiable was the bedspread had to stay.  They had a small child and lounged (wallowed) in the bed.

Here are the after shots:

And, the before shots:

There is hope for staging even the Honey Boo Boo Houses out there.

Linda

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...what a dramatic difference...I imagine your clients are a little amazed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staged this house many years ago. The owners were shocked. Thank goodness my style of staging is much improved.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Linda.....they listened!! I have faith again!
    The room looks 110% better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I always have faith that they will listen. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Linda. The befores hurt my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....thanks Kerry. I could write a book on some of the stuff I've seen.

      Delete
  4. Did you hire a dumpster? You did such a great job it hardly looks like the same house. I'm sure the realtor was never so happy to write a check for staging!! NOW she/he can actually sell that house. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long story, Heather...I staged the house for HGTV's Buy Me. I didn't charge because I thought the exposures would be priceless--wrongy-dongy! The sellers declined many appointments. It didn't sell. I learned a big lesson.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe it's the same room! And I love that you use Honey Boo Boo as an adjective to describe that place - made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, I'm so glad you had a belly laugh! Made my day!

      Delete