Sunday, November 4, 2012

Your Expert Advice Please

I found this storage hutch on Craigslist.


Pros:
  • It would work great in my office for organizing a lot of my 'stuff''.
  •  It's pretty darn cute! I love the style.

Obstacles:
  • It's $200.  Seems pricey.  (I'm a CL bargain huntress.)

  • My office runneth over.  There is no room for it.






The seller assures me "if functions flawlessly". (Subtext: He's not willing to negotiate.)

The dimensions:
60.5" tall
35" wide
18" deep

Your opinion, please.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Thanks,

Linda


6 comments:

  1. I have never bought a thing on Craigslist. MC sold a golf cart and took a reasonable offer!
    I like it, if you have a space for it or could use it in a staging, offer 15% less. What have you got to lose? Go from there....
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, Craigslist is SO much fun. You will be hooked if you start looking. I've gotten many great deals! Can't use this piece for staging. I don't mess with large furniture anymore--TOO much hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same dilemma almost every time I walk through HomeGoods and see a great deal. You know, that perfect chair / ottoman / rug / table / desk ... etc. that is just too hard to pass by but that I don't need or have a place for. I used to buy it anyway saying, "someone will need it" "someday" but now I just walk right by. Well, I might walk by a few times and take a photo or two. But when you are full you are full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a lot of money - offer him $150 and see what he says. But if you don't have room for it and can't really use it staging, then it's not a bargain at any price. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sound advice Sherri and Heather. You are so right. I don't have room for it. The decision was made for me. I had an email from the owner telling me it was sold this AM. Being a Craigslist devotee, I know that the good pieces sell fast. I'm glad I don't have to grapple with the decision to buy it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LInda. It is a nice piece, but I think you can find something cheaper. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete