Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Importance of Looking the Part to Convenience Your Audience

I'm consistantly ranting about the importance of staging a house for it to sell.  It's not always what sellers want to hear, but it is what they need to do to get their house market ready.

Actors often undergo radical transformations to sell us on their character in a role.


Photo by Janet Meyers

I'm not asking sellers to do anything as painful or drastic as shaving their head...but in order to appeal to your target audience--the buyer--your house has to look 'the part'.

If you don't recognize her, that is Cynthia Nixon.  Earlier this year, she shaved her head for a Broadway play, Witt, portraying a cancer patient.   Did you recognize her?  Big difference since Sex and the City (oh, how I miss the girls!), huh?

Get your house looking the part so it a can bring in the big bucks.

Later,

Linda




6 comments:

  1. Wow, why is it so hard for sellers to understand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of sellers still are of the mindset that 'they are buying my house-not my stuff'. Those sellers don't recognize that today's buyer is savvy and BUSY. I keep hoping I can influence folks through this blog. Thanks for your continued support, Patty.

      Delete
  2. This is a great post Linda! Love it!! Thank You also for your support of me in the High Point Style Spotter Contest! I am a little behind with proper thanks yous but i appreciate everyone's posts, support by voting,etc thank u!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa and you are so welcomed. I'm excited for you to win the Sytle Spotter at Market! Everyone got to Olioboard and vote for Lisa Mende.

      Delete
  3. Very well said, Linda!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jessie, thanks so much. So glad you stopped by!

      Delete