Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Gift of Thoughtful Words

This poem was sent to my by my best friend many years ago.  I think the feeling behind the words is rich. I pay it forward to other friends.  Handwritten, in a beautiful card, I believe it is a precious gift to receive...

                    Oh, the comfort--the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person,
                    Having neither to weigh thoughts,
                    Nor measure words--but pouring them
                    All right out--just as they are--
                    Chaff and grain together--
                    Certain that a faithful hand will
                    Take and sift them--
                    Keep what is worth keeping--
                    And with the breath of kindness
                    Blow the rest away.

                                                                                                    Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

Do you share this sacred bond with someone special?  Where you can spill and they get it without you having to explain yourself?

Who would you pass these words on to? 



Still having technical problems....
I have no clue why I can't post pictures to my blog.  Maybe it's the internet, maybe it's my new blog design, maybe it is something I am doing or not doing....anyway, I intend to keep postingWhat does this poem have to do with staging?  It is my POV that everything from relationships to selling your house is based on the power of emotion.


Linda

4 comments:

  1. I love this...yes...I do share it..I will pass it along

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Linda. I will be passing it along - to my husband and to my best girl friend....My friend, Helen, has been a rock and an inspiration to me for 15 years - these words describe our relationship perfectly. Thanks for sharing this poem.

    Good luck with the photo editing - so frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I know that your husband and Helen will love receiving this sentiment.

      Delete