Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Ramblings: Happy?

Friends were over Friday evening.  Conversation came up about me being so busy.  I replied, "You know me, I'm happy if I'm working and happy if I'm not."  My friend gave me a most curious look. I honestly felt like I had broached something controversial--like religion or politics.

No, my friend told me; she is not happy.

I do get it. My life was a mess for many years.  I finally discovered MY key(s) to happiness.  Yep, I have those dark days.  But basically, I am a joyful person.

I hope you are happy this beautiful fall Sunday.

May you find the things that make you happy and focus your energy on them.  Walk your dog, pet your cat, hug your kid, pat your husband's behind, read a good book, read The Good Book, breathe, stretch, get fresh air, relax, and live in the moment.

Be intentional about what you do.  Ask yourself,  'is this really going to matter in 10 years?" Listen to your 'little voice' for the answer.

Love, inner peace and joy,


2 comments:

  1. Just like love, you choose happiness. I'm glad you found what make you tick. I know one thing about myself and that I need to be busy to be truly happy. What that "busy" is can change, but I know that I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your happiness and guidance can help your friend ... I find myself happiest when busy as well ... but try very hard to make the "busy" worthy of my time. That is tricky!! happy Monday! xo

    ReplyDelete