I've have been an Absent Minded Santa this year.
- I left a platter of chicken salad canapes in the refrigerator instead of serving them at our party.
- I failed to send my elderly Aunt Julia in Arkansas a Christmas card and chatty update.
- I made a goody basket of towels, etc. for my SIL to celebrate her new kitchen remodel (which is awesome, BTW)! We had our Christmas visit this past weekend and I left it home.
- We adopted 4 needy kids for Christmas. I was about to deliver the toys when I realized I had not bought a guitar for the 3 year old. God Bless my BFF, Virginia, who ran to Target, found the perfect one (after texting me many of selections) and bought it for me... Rutt Row--I haven't reimbursed her yet.
- I didn't buy heavy cream to make the Pioneer Woman's Potatoes Au Gratin for Christmas dinner. So, I will be hitting the madhouse mania of the Christmas Eve Grocery Store.
Truly inconsequential inconveniences that are easy fixes. I used to strive for perfection and make myself an anxiety-ridden mess. Now, I realize it will all work out.
May you and your families enjoy the magic of Christmas.
Laugh a lot, eat a lot, love a lot, hug a lot.