Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012 Wins the Popular Vote

Hope you enjoyed your Christmas.
Grandson Jack and Santa
Me and BFF Virginia enjoying a Party
Ours was the best Christmas ever.

Our families didn't exchange gifts this year.  Two year old Jack was the only person to make a haul.   We had no anxiety over shopping or wrapping.  Only the joy of watching a small child jubilant over his Christmas presents.

I've read that many of you kept your holiday decorations simple.  I went to the deep end of the pool: 7 illuminated trees, lots of lights and candles, many tabletop vignettes, and wreaths, garland, and greenery out the wazoo. Each and every room was dressed for the holidays.

We also had fun experimenting with new recipes.  I made my first apple pie for Christmas dinner and it was a triumph!

Last night after the greeting phone calls ceased, Christmas texts stopped binging, and our kids had departed.  I sat alone in the living room staring at the Christmas tree and realized I didn't want the day to end--it had been that good.

Before Christmas dinner, DIL Kristen gave me a big hug and said, "This is the best Christmas ever."

I treasure her words.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas for a dear friend...So happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty. I hope your Christmas as wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful - we had a great Christmas month that didn't seem to end - parties every weekend, family around, tons of food, great gifts and on Christmas Day a quiet dinner just the two of us. Daughter and DIL left last night in the middle of our first snow storm. Today is a winter wonderland.

    It was busy, tiring but wonderful.

    (and I didn't simplify the decorations either - 3 trees, decorations in every room and vignettes everywhere - just the way I like it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather, I am SO JEALOUS! I am a snow freak. What I wouldn't give for a winter wonderland! We are kindred spirits on the decorations. Glad your Christmas month was wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Linda....It sounds wonderful and your grandson is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor. Jack is my heart. I hope this Christmas you had some joy despite your father's recent diagnosis.

      Delete
  4. I love the picture of Jack and Santa, he is sooo cute. (And the picture of the ladies is to shaby either...lol). Your house was beautifully decorated, right down to the "glossy yellow dear with green sparkle swirls and ornate gold antlers"....they are much better in person!!! Sounds like Kristin summed up your Christmas perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great year. Our antics always contribute to the Christmas fun, Virg!

      Delete
  5. So happy for you! Your grandson is cute as a button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are actually enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some good factors here. Any way keep up
    wrinting.
    Here is my web site : gagner de l'argent

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds perfect. Love the image of your precious grandson - wishing you every happiness in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is the best feeling, ever. I am glad you have great memories of your Christmas. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete