Sunday, December 20, 2015

Twas the Fight Before Christmas and all through the house....





So what would the holidays be without family drama? (And, there was no alcohol involved!) I had a big cup of CRAZY served on a platter this weekend. After lunch on Saturday, I asked my SIL questions about her mom's health, a recent operation and doctor visits. Four hours after our conversation a raging lunatic emerged. It seems her hours of ruminating resulted in crisscrossed-wires. SIL misconstrued my concern as laying blame for her mother's failing condition.

Follow, if you will, the sequence of events in BIZARRE-O land:
I was making blueberry muffins for Sunday's breakfast and asked SIL if she had Tupperware or Ziploc to store them in. The coo-coo switch flipped during her container search. Suddenly, a bowl was hurled to the floor, F-bombs launched, a violent rage ensued with shrieking screams and spewing venom.(Think RHONJ Theresa Giudice's table toss.) Then she launched towards me with such force that Cowboy had to jump in front of her before she nailed me. (I've never been in a bitch fight but methinks that where she was headed!) In fact, I've never been on the receiving end of such smack-talk in my life. #takeaclassclass

Sister storms outside. Cowboy follows. She reloads and aims at her brother. Direct hit. Cowboy (and the neighbors) then get an earful of Sissie's sequestered frustration, condemnation, resentment and anger. See Dr. Phil schedule airing 2016.

I've. had. ENOUGH.
Exit stage left. Time to relo to a hotel.

I sling my cram-packed-in-a-jam Vera Bradley over my shoulder and bid the family adieu.

As I am departing these are the last words spoken to me,
"Why are you leaving?"

(huh?)

And as I drove out of sight I wished, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I hope you will be able to patch things up. We ALMOST had drama here also - my sister (who is a bit unstable at the best of times) and my mother (don't get me started) haven't spoken for abou 5 months and were in the same room for the first time. On top of that my sister's son "smelled like a brewery". After a few anxious moments, mother and sister hugged and resolved their latest issue and nephew was a hoot - a bit drunk, but hey it's Christmas and you're young and single. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Mother and Sister shared a hug and buried the hatchet. Your nephew sounds like fun. You can never have too much fun--especially at the holidays. I steer clear of toxic folks. Afraid I must pass on any further opportunity to be subjected to that craziness! Merry Christmas to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a chance to catch up on your blog and thought I was reading a recap of a Jerry Springer episode. How could SIL misconstrue your concern for condemnation? You are a loving compassionate person who is always there to help someone on need. SIL apparently does not know you very well after all these years and has no idea she has lost an amazing friend in you. I have known you for 20 years, and you have always been there when I needed you, you are a loyal, always-got-your-back-friend. Sounds like you took the high road and did not drive to Crazy Town with SIL, which is very admirable. And kudos to Cowboy for protecting his damsel in distress. As ugly as that week-end was, it sounds like your Christmas trip to Charlotte was full of the holiday spirit and love the holidays are supposed to be filled with, not crazy ravings and F-Bomb dodging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever need a character witness, I know just who to call! Thanks for your many kind words. You are equally as great a friend. As we go through life, we realize there aren't that many people that can be counted on. Glad I have you. Thank goodness our Christmas in Charlotte was wonderful. Very relaxing visit filled with love, fun, family and faith.

    ReplyDelete