Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Teaspoon of Staging for a Family Room

The hub of this family's life is the family room.  I had to take that into consideration for staging.  My attempt was to make it appeal to the buyer and function of this young family.

After - Family Room
The fireplace is the primary architectural feature of the room.  I geared the staging to emphasize the windows and fireplace. Below you will notice they had no art, lamps, or coffee table. I'm not a big fan of throws.  However, I did place a throw over the sofa arm to disguise the handle for the recliner.

Before - Family Room

After - Family Room
 Here is the opposite end of the family room. 
After - Family Room

and before...
Before - Family Room
The owners were very pleased with the transformation and it photographed well for MLS.

8 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the fireplace and those lamps. Now it feels like a room to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I found your blog when I was looking for more information on home staging after seeing what a stager did for my sister's house when she was selling. I love the posts in which you show us the magic you perform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you as a reader Adele. I always appreciate your input. It is gratifying when it all comes together--it does feel like magic! It's the best when the house sells as quickly as this one did.

      Delete
  3. What a difference your staging made. The room actually looks bigger now that there's more in it. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke, I was trying to make the room look as large as possible. That back area was completely wasted space.

      Delete
  4. They should have had you there long ago so they could enjoy the new look of their home. You made is so up to date and stylish! You are working your magic! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! Fingers crossed they asked me to help decorate their new home :)

      Delete
  5. So pretty! Love how you put focus on the fireplace. The chairs on either side are great, and the pretty trim work over the mantel was screaming for a focal point!

    ReplyDelete