Thursday, January 3, 2013

Home Office Horror?

Hello 2013.  It's back to work time for me.  Had my first consultation of this year.  The couple hopes to put their house on the market the first of February.  There is lots of work to do before that happens.This house reminded that it is time to clean and organized my office.  Here's one of Mary McDonald's office's that I covet.
Mary McDonald
... a couple of other lov-er-ly ones:
House Beautiful
House Beautiful
And, here's my client's office.
Linda Beam
Doesn't this make you feel better?  It's like reality TV.  "My office isn't THAT bad!"  In all fairness, my client is busy writing his dissertation.  

I hope to show you an improved AFTER picture before they go on the market.

Did you start 2013 with a clean and organized office?

8 comments:

  1. whoa woman...good luck! I hope to see lots of baskets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, you have your work cut out for you, but I know you can work your magic! Good luck and I hope 2013 is a great year for you and your family!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How does he get anything done in that room? I see lots of trash bags in your future. I have been cleaning and throwing out for the last three days. Trying to organize and put things back together. Good luck with the project and can't wait to see the results.
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is only 1/2 of the room. This client is going to hate that I recommended that we move his office to an unused bedroom. I want to stage this room as an Entertainment/Bonus Room. Impossible? I'll let you know....
    Thanks for all of your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. How can anyone work in that mess? It reminds me of an old boss of mine who was surrounded with piles of old newspapers and law books. He could never find anything and spent a lot of wasted (but billable) time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so much better...thank you! You will earn every dollar you are paid. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Linda - Happy New Year! Some days, my office looks a lot like that :) At the moment it is pretty neat because I organized after our house guests left.
    Cheers to 2013,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete