Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stage it in Some Gray, Some White


Style at Home
Look how perfect this little dining nook is! I am insane for the huge mirror leaning against the wall.  The mirror literally magnifies the space.  (A friend of mine found a similar one on CraigsList. It had a dullsville brown frame.  She painted it a high lacquer white and now it looks awesome.)

The painted grayish-blue chairs are brilliant.  The white upholstered seats look crisp and fresh.  (Is it just me, or have you noticed older chairs tend to have more room for those of us with an ample arse?)

The retro white table is the ideal size for this little space.  The pedestal allows foot and leg room. I have long legs so I am appreciative of tables with pedestals.  The table surface is plentiful.  My goodness, they managed to use 3 centerpieces without it looking crowded.

I am in love with chandelier.  The drapes are lush.  The sheers, with the horizontal detail, are tres chic.

This room a great example of a perfectly styled room.  There is an artistic mix of textures,  fresh neutral shades, and different styles of furniture. That mixture is the element that makes this room feel pretty, warm, comfortable and inviting.

I like it. I really, really do!

What do you think?  Is it too eclectic for your tastes?

Later,

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Love this little dining nook. The mirror is such a nice touch. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, so I could find you :).... love making new blogging friends! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    Best, Whitley at the Queen City Style.
    ps-love that most recent picture of your brain frying... 106 yesterday here in the Queen City... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Whitley! Love your Queen City Style! Yes we are roasting in the 100's. I give you a salute for pulling off style in these crazy-hot temperatures.

      Delete