It is a beautifully designed room. It is not a staged-to-sell room.
- Notice how the visual weight rests at the 'brown end' of the room? That area needs to be broken up using one of the foreground chairs. A few contrasting pillows on the sofa would also help.
- Notice the two small chairs floating in the middle of the room? We never want traffic paths to be obstructed by furniture. Anytime a potential buyer has to maneuver around furniture, the room registers as 'small'.
- Notice all the miscellaneous items on tabletops and the shelves? Too many chotskies registers as clutter for selling.
- Notice that objet d'art standing on the back wall near the corner. It photographs as a small misplaced window. I'd have to lose that.
- Notice that the furniture arrangement near the wall feels like a high-end waiting room. (You know, where you sit up straight anticipating the doc's bad news?) I would have to rearrange it to make it feel more relaxed and welcoming.
Original Price: $2,65 M
Current Price: $1,995 M
Agent: Katherine Chez Malkin
Baird & Wagner