Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Musings: Lovin' Me Some Labor Day!

Sand Woman-Herb Wris

Happy Labor Day Weekend my lovelies!

I'm doing the happy dance that it is Labor Day Weekend.

True confession:  August is my least fav month.  I'm not a hot weather gal.  The relentless rain and humidity made it mo' uncomfortable than usual this August.  And the rain brought a record setting plethora of mosquitoes.
 
I'm an allergic to mosquito bites. Really allergic. I swell with red itchy welts and scratch until I need a tourniquet. Friends and fam commiserate but snicker at my freaky condition. Off! and cortisone cream are my fragrance for summer.  I'm the opening act at deck parties and cookouts.


And, let's talk clothes, shall we?  Awww....if we all had Sand Woman's magnificent body.

In the summer, I can't cover up my road map vein-y legs. Shorts, even Capri's, are not my friends.  My bat wing upper arms sway to and fro with no sweater to house them.  Until Nichole Miller designs a neck-to-knee swimsuit, my pizza dough thighs will jig-jig-jiggle on the long walk from my deck chair to the water. 

I'm not being hard on myself.  Facts is facts. Ya can't camo flaws in hot weather.


Bye-bye August!  No long shall you zap my energy!

I look forward to sweaters, sweat shirts, jeans, leggings, tights, jackets, scarves, fires, and football.

Happy Fall y'all!

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you girl! I can't take the heat, sun or humidity! I live indoors. The sun and my body are enemies! Then, in the winter I freeze outside so I'm indoors. I tease that's why I love INTERIOR DESIGN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I knew we were soul sisters! Love your reference to why you love interior design--might have to steal it. My SIL live outside Atlanta and it is sooooo miserable. I think Raleigh was a close second this year on the misery scale.

      Delete
  2. I had to laugh.....you are so funny! Allergic to mosquito's...you poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right after I wrote this I ventured outside to tend some of my flowers. I forgot and washed my hands (removing the bug spray) and had bites on my knuckles and between my fingers! SO crazy! Thanks for commenting gals!

      Delete
  3. Amen sister. I HATE August. You and I share the propensity to hide indoors until the weather turns, and I also look forward to cooler, less humid days. While I am not a mosquito magnet like you are, I live with a hubby who attracts every biting bug in Wake County who isn't going after you. Adding a screened porch to our house four years ago literally saved him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I think you and I are the only people who hibernate in August. Most folks get the January/February blues--not us! Dave is the only other person I have met that gets as much attention from mosquitoes as I do.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you, Linda. Hate, hate, hate the humidity that August brings - send more time indoors this month than any other time of year. Bring me the cool mornings and crisp days of autumn anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear Heather, I didn't think there was humidity in Canada--see how little I know. I envy you that you have cooler weather most of the time.

      Delete